generated by sloganizer.net

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

i am a man living on the edge of madness.



i hate my job so much that the word hate does not even really do the feeling i have justice. i get headaches at work. i cry. i can literally feel a tightness in my breathing. my hate of this job has moved beyond an emotion and into some form of physical manifestation.


regardless, i am stuck here.
no one else will hire me.



in the last two years, i have sent application materials to some 500+ job postings. the worst part is that i am in no way exaggerating that number.

from those 500 or so, four (yes, as in 4) companies have asked me for an interview.

from those four (yes, as in 4) interviews, i have received two (yes, as in 2) offers.


the other job was selling insurance in new york (no, not as in new york city).


no one will hire me.


and i don't understand why. i went to a good school. i have a good set of degrees. i have interesting degrees. i was in a good program. i was great in the good program. i graduated with honors. i was highly involved and have great experience. i have experience not everyone has. i'm smart. i'm funny. i'm not horrible looking. i'm good at what i do. but no one will hire me.... hell, no one will even interview then decide they don't want to hire me.


most of all, though, i don't like how much of my energy is taken up trying to escape this job. it's all i think about. it's all i talk about. it's all i do... more or less speaking (i mean, i still pee and eat and watch tv and do other normal human things, but when i'm not being human, i'm being the guy-who-can't-stop-hating-his-job). i don't like that for my roommate all her time with me has to be me talking about how i hate my job. i don't like that for my boyfriend, all our talks inevitably reach a point where i'm bitching about work. i do not like this job.


...but no one else will hire me.

2 Comments:

At 8:37 PM, September 28, 2005, Blogger the passing lane said...

the passing lane, a nationally acclaimed organization, is currently looking for full time execs to shoot the shit and organize social events for up and coming midget sex stars. our niche market provides an advantage over competitors and businesses within the industry. to apply, please post mug shots and a paragraph plot summary of your ideal party to thepassinglane.com. all encourageds to apply.

 
At 9:01 AM, September 29, 2005, Blogger MatthewD said...

jeez, brett - that sucks - it's the worst feeling being trapped in a job you hate with no forseeable escape

just try to focus on other things for the time being and keep sending your resume out

something will happen, i promise....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

« chicago blogs » Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares Who Links Here