generated by sloganizer.net

Monday, May 23, 2005

i'm saving the "wicked" review for tomorrow because i forgot the playbill at home.


my i-trip is the greatest thing that has ever happened to my time at work. i can now jam out to my very own tunes all day long. so, though i normally would not do such a posting, in recognition of getting to listen to my music all day long, a brief survey, as stolen from anna's xanga.


Total volume of music files on my computer:
well, considering i have more than one computer, it's a bit difficult for me to estimate... without repeat appearances, i'd say my library is somewhere around 5 gigs.

The last CD I bought was:
the last one i bought was "give up" by the postal service. i needed to replace the first copy that i lost or broke or something. the last first-time purchase of a cd i made was "hot fuss" by my oh-so-adored the killers.

Song playing right now:
via my i-trip's beaming out the proper frequency to the resident radio, i am listening to "does he love you" by rilo kiley.

though, it's almost over... now, it's the sneaker pimps.

Five songs I listen to a lot, or that mean a lot to me:
i'm taking this as five songs i listen to too much... as in, every commute, i have to hear them.
1. "we become silhouettes" by the postal service. i just plain like it.
2. "on the radio" by jay jay johanson. this song reminds me of miami. i loved miami.

3. "does he love you" by rilo kiley. how excited am i that the chicago show is on my birthday? very.
4. "the blower's daughter" by damien rice. this has nothing to do with my unhealthy fixation on all things natalie portman. i had heard this song before it became the anthem for "closer" and loved it then. love it now, too.
5. "all these things i've done" by the killers. i will not justify my love of the killers with explanations and words. so deal.



that was fun. ok, not really. but it was a worthwhile distraction from work.






i.f.o.t.d. - um, the voodoo queen. yes, wally, i have now met her, too. on sunday, i was waiting for the redline train to downtown at my local stop, wilson, when she came walking up the platform, stopping some 2 feet from the bench upon which i was perched (yes, i'll sit on the slatted benches on the train platform but not the seats on the train). she looked at me. i looked at her. she took a deep breath, maintaining eye contact. she let out a little cackle, as one would think a voodoo queen would laugh, then she like teleported to within inches of me and slammed some vandalized baby doll on the bench next to me. its hair was missing in patches. the whites of its eyes had been colored in with a red sharpie. on its arms and legs phrases like "slave toy" and "doll of hell" were scrawled in black permanent marker. i was frozen. the voodoo queen took a few deep breaths, then clasped the doll once again in her arms. she sauntered back to her red gift bag adorned with pictures of black civil rights leaders and occult images, picked it up and began to walk past me on the platform. she then turned and said, "and tell them the voodoo queen said, 'the niggers are back in town'." i swear to god that is an exact quote. i'm pretty much sure i could not forget. i hope she didn't hex me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

« chicago blogs » Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares Who Links Here