generated by sloganizer.net

Friday, August 26, 2005

today's question from molly:


3. if you could go back now, knowing what you know, disregarding all job opportunities, etc. what would you have majored in at u of i? if you could have done whatever you wanted, what would you have chosen?

oh my goodness. this question has a million and one answers.


going back knowing what i know now, i probably would have studied something that better prepared me to have a future. my background in film theory isn't really making my phone ring off the hook. my education in the study of gender and sexuality isn't quite the lure one would think it is for potential employers.

so rationally speaking, i'd probably go back and double major in finance and marketing while taking as many advertising classes as i possibly could.

but how boring is that... let me tell you, super boring.

if i could do it my way and no one else's, i'd like quadruple major and really take my time in school.

i'd have finished my degree in design... instead of dropping out of the program when it wasn't fun anymore.
i'd have really pursued that degree in physics... because to this day, i miss math.
i'd have taken french then rather than now... meaning i'd fluent now rather than never.
i'd have seriously considered acting as a field of study... not letting my parents tell me it was silly.
i'd have been a real communications major... taking classes in broadcast journalism so maybe i really could host a tv show one day.
i'd have fewer reservations about being the only male women's studies major... over settling for the minor.

...and maybe, just maybe, if i had the time, i would have enrolled for 6 more hours of classical civilization, allowing me to get my degree in the subject i spent so much time studying but have nothing to prove for it.



and i definitely would have taken that damn japanese floral arrangements class!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

« chicago blogs » Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares Who Links Here