generated by sloganizer.net

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

i should have taken a class.


this is going to be a quick post. maybe i'll make another later... not sure, as the company's internet has been a little moody today. speaking of things cyber, i'm technologically retarded and need not to be. i have a very specific problem involving me trying to get a new job while working at the current one. yes, i know i've only had this one for 3 weeks, but that's a whole other can of worms. the point is my office is my only connection to technological machines, i.e. copy machine, fax machine, printer, etc. furthermore, the job i'm applying for requires me to use one of three methods to submit my resume: email, fax, or snail mail. faxing is out of the question, as i refuse to use my current office's amenities to apply for a new job; so thus, the snail mail is out, too, as this would require me to not only use the office printer, but also bring in special paper to accomplish said illicit task. now, i'm left with emailing my resume to the would-be-new employers. however, they only want it in ascii format. i don't even know how to say that much less what it is. "ask-y, ass-y, ask-eeee... oh, a-s-c-i-i, maybe?"

now the problem: how do i take a .doc resume and make it an asky (read: ascii) resume?
please assist.

i asked jeeves, and he didn't know anything. doesn't seem to know much of anything. then again, he is just a butler. i'm sure he knows how to make napkin swans.






i.f.o.t.d. - i'm often afraid that when standing on the "l" and holding a pole, that the train will jerk, i'll lose my grip, and i'll punch some short woman in the face with the full force of my 135 lb. body.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

« chicago blogs » Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares Who Links Here