generated by sloganizer.net

Thursday, April 13, 2006

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep! beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep! beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!




all morning, a fucking fax machine has been calling my number at the office.

every 4 minutes for about an hour, i withstood this.


around call number 16, i cracked.

i copied down the number of the fax machine that was so persistently calling me and ran downstairs.

i faxed the faxer a nice little note saying that they must have the wrong number.

i ran back upstairs.


it's still calling me.

another hour and another 15 calls later, i decide that the fax machine itself must be trying to make contact. perhaps, an intern lay dying at its base. the fax machine needed me.

i ran back downstairs.
this time i faxed a message to the fax machine.




i was certain this would work.


it didn't.


i was still getting fax calls every 4 minutes, and the continuous ringing of my phone was driving me even insanier... though it was giving me a great idea for a hip hop song.

seriously, at one point i caught myself thinking, "geez, helen keller had it sooo easy. to be deaf right now. that'd be the life."


i let this go on for another 30 minutes.

the constant riiiiiiing! beeeeeeeeeeep! riiiiiiiiiiiiing! beeeeeeeeeeep!
the hoping for god to smite me. "c'mon, i'm a fag for fuck's sake!"
the twitching vein in my left temple. i've named him julio.

i ran back downstairs with a new note in hand.

pleading for the little piece of paper to bring me clarity, quiet, and a piece of cheesecake, i fed it into our fax machine. i waved goodbye. then waved hello when it popped back out.


luckily, this one worked.






the phone has stopped ringing.

maybe the intern finally died.




i wanted to say "stop fucking faxing my phone every 4 fucking minutes, motherfucker!"


...but i'm at work.

4 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, April 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This has happened to me. I forward my phone to the fax machine so 1.)my phone stops ringing and 2.) the cover page usually indicates the phone and fax number of the sender then 3.) I go to my fax machine and fax their voice line.

 
At 11:03 AM, May 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is hilarious. It would have been hard for me to resist sending the "fuck off" note; even at work!

 
At 2:01 PM, May 04, 2006, Blogger XXXXXX said...

your inappropriate office behavior has been referred to human resources.

also, you make a shitty cup of coffee.

that is all.

 
At 6:48 PM, June 28, 2006, Blogger The Honourable Husband said...

As Ben said, you frightened them off with your gay handwriting. They might catch something from you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

« chicago blogs » Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares Who Links Here