generated by sloganizer.net

Thursday, July 06, 2006

i know. i know.

here it is, a quarter of the way through july, and i'm just now sharing my goals for the summer.

a little late on this one. oopsie-doodle, as i say. oopsie. doodle.


anyhow...


brett's list o' things to get done right for summer 2006

(in no particular order)
  • spend some time at millenium park with molly because we love it so
  • get a m-fucking tan
  • eat watermelon
  • buy funky sunglasses
  • read a book on the beach... the concrete step(pe) things at the lakefront do not count
  • catch fireflies
  • invent the perfect summer cocktail
  • give some serious attention to lsat prep
  • go sailing
  • meet an aussie [or just someone with a fun accent] during the gay games
  • dance with sparklers
  • see a play, if for nothing other than the air conditioning
  • swim naked under the stars... yes, i am 24 and have never gone skinny dipping
  • cheer on the cubs... despite being a cardinals fan
  • camp-out
  • gossip over ice cream cones while people-watching
  • make my own lemonade iced tea
  • date a nice boy
  • find a willow tree and swing from its boughs a la tarzan
  • wear flip-flops whenever humanly [or at least professionally] possible
  • move adam to chicago

i'm sure this list will grow... but that's what it looks like right about now.

what are your goals for summer '06?

6 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, July 06, 2006, Blogger Crazybeautiful said...

Watermelon, flip flops, reading on the beach and meeting a nice boy, I here you on all of that.

Nice to find a Chicago blog I can read.

artifical-sweetner.blogspot.com

 
At 9:32 PM, July 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I managed to get canned from my job this week so that pretty much covered my short term goal for the summer. Now I can focus on the long term goal of finding a new gig by fall. That aside, perhaps I'll get Brett to come hang out at my pool, eat ice-cream and swim naked. (We have a few eligable fellows in my building)

 
At 10:53 PM, July 06, 2006, Blogger PJS said...

You're too young for a "nice" boy! Burn your way through a few naughty ones first. Trust me on this one.

 
At 2:15 AM, July 07, 2006, Blogger potusol said...

Listen to PJS, he's OLD and WISE. But date a nice one from time to time to remind you that they do in fact exist.

As for the perfect summer drink sometimes you just need to go for a classic Seabreeze and leave the inventing to the drinking amateurs.

: )

 
At 9:37 AM, July 07, 2006, Blogger MollyMaureen said...

when you are done finding a nice boy i suggest finding me one too :-) Hopefully he does not have the penchant for saying "i love you"!

Naked under the stars? Arizona anyone?!

 
At 12:48 PM, July 10, 2006, Blogger Bob said...

My summer goal is to learn to knit so I may have a few hand-knitted scarves for the Holidays.

Yes, I'm a 57 year old hausfrau.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

« chicago blogs » Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares Who Links Here