generated by sloganizer.net

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

i've never really relied on the kindness of strangers, but i think it's about time i started.


my friends are, on the whole, good people to know. they can make me laugh. they laugh at me and on occasion with me. they have jobs and apartments. they shower.

however, there is one area of my life in which my friends are a black hole of uselessness: matchmaking. though i routinely make it clear to my cohorts that i very much want to be a part of the "dating scene", it is a rare occurrence that one should approach me and say, "hey, i know this great person you should meet." yet, i know they know great people. and i know they know i want to meet great people. where is the disconnect here? where they fail me even more is on that off chance they do say, "hey, i know this great person you should meet," and i, of course, agree -- they never introduce me to the aforementioned great person. my cronies are truly unreliable with regard to my love life. well, wait, no, my date life.

see, the thing is i'm not looking to fall in love... well, ok, i never really stop looking for that, but i'm not so naive to think that every person i go on a date with is the one, if even such an idea exists. right now, i just want to have the rush of a first date on a regular basis. hell, i want the rush of a second and third date, as well, but the groundwork for all of this is that i want dates. that's all. i recently read something that played with the idea that "we are not who we are if not for someone else", and it stuck with me a litte. but, really, i'm not ready to tackle that idea. i do know, though, that i am ready to be myself and having someone else around to see that wouldn't be so bad.

someone else said, "there's a whole world of potential first dates right around the corner". i guess i'm walking down the wrong streets, so i'm looking for some directions, kids.

it's time to start my date life, and maybe, if i'm lucky -- no... strike that -- if i'm happy, my love life will catch up.
so all you strangers out there, i might need a little bit of kindness. if you know someone great, send them toward my corner.









i.f.o.t.d. - ever since a terribly unfortunate accident in seventh grade, i fear that at even the inkling that i might have to urinate, i will piss my pants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

« chicago blogs » Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares Who Links Here